Getting Started with Symbiosis
Welcome to the Symbiosis documentation! There you will find complete information about the Symbiosis protocol.
The Symbiosis protocol acts as a cross-chain AMM DEX and interchain communication protocol while meeting the following requirements:
- Simple, Uniswap-like user experienceAny to any token cross-chain swaps between EVM and non-EVM chains in 1-click.No additional wallets, long waiting time, or extra steps to proceed with a swap.
- Interchain communicating 1-click experience to provide liquidity to lending and farming protocols or buy NFT on another blockchain.
- Fully decentralizedNo central party can stop the Symbiosis protocol or censor users from accessing it.
- InteroperableThe protocol connects every blockchain that gets enough market attention. Our ultimate goal is to bridge all blockchains together.
- Non-custodialNo one (including the Symbiosis team) has access to users' funds.
- Limitless cross-chain liquidityThe protocol targets as many token pairs as possible across all blockchains while providing the best prices for swaps between any arbitrary token pair.
Let's see what parts the Symbiosis protocol consists of (Scheme 1).
Scheme 1. Main components of the Symbiosis protocol.
To a first approximation, there are two main parts:
- 1.The Symbiosis contracts (the on-chain part) are a set of identical smart contracts deployed on every blockchain supported by the Symbiosis protocol. It’s a sort of cross-chain liquidity engine of the protocol. For more information, please refer to Cross-chain liquidity engine
- 2.The Relayers Network (the off-chain part) is a P2P network that transfers information about cross-chain operations conducted via the Symbiosis protocol between the blockchains. For more information, please refer to Relayers Network | Symbiosis
The Symbiosis protocol supports the following features:
As for end-users, all cross-chain operations are done in one click (one transaction) at competitive exchange rates and transaction costs.