Symbiosis WebApp user guide: Doing cross-chain swaps via Symbiosis WebApp.
Cross-chain swaps are the core of the Simbiosis protocol. A cross-chain swap is an exchange of one token for another token. The exchanging tokens reside on different blockchains.
To start trading, please navigate to the Swap tab of WebApp:
- 1.SettingsHere, you can change the default values of the slippage tolerance and deadline for your trades.
- The slippage tolerance value means that a trade will automatically cancel if the price change for this trade exceeds the specified value.
- The trade deadline means that a trade will automatically cancel if the processing time exceeds the specified value. We recommend leaving the default value here.
- 2.Sender's address is the address you send tokens from. It's obtained from your connected wallet. So, if you need to change the sender's address, please select another account in your connected wallet.
So, let's go from the theory to the practice!
To perform a cross-chain swap:
- 2.Transfer from: Select the token that you have and that you would like to exchange and enter an amount. For instance:
- 3.Transfer to: Select the destination token (the token that you would like to get). For example:Minimum received is the minimum amount you are guaranteed to receive from the trade; otherwise, the trade will cancel, and you will get back your assets minus the gas fee for the transaction. Route is a sequence of intermediate swaps leading to the best price for the trade. In our example, it's BNB -> BUSD -> USDC -> MATCI, where - BNB -> BUSD with 1inch on BNB, - BUSD -> USDC is a cross-chain operation powered by Symbiosis, - USDC -> MATC with 1inch on Polygon Price is the value of one cryptocurrency for the purpose of conversion to another. Slippage Tolerance means that the trade will automatically cancel if the price change exceeds this percentage. Actual amount to be sent is the value of the entered token amount in the USD equivalent minus liquidity providers' fees (if any). Gas Fee is the payment for executing the transaction on the destination network. Price impact is the difference between the market and estimated prices due to the trade size.
- 4.If you see the Switch network to <Network name> button, please switch to the network, by pressing on the button and confirming the action in your connected wallet.
- 5.If you see the Approve <Token name> button, please approve the token use by pressing on the button and approve the transaction in your wallet. As soon as the transaction is executed, the Swap button becomes available:
- 6.Press on the Swap button, confirm the transaction in your connected wallet. Having confirmed the transaction in your wallet:(You can close the window and check the transaction later) Block confirmation: The number of blocks indicates how many blocks have been added to the blockchain after the block containing your transaction.
- 7.Finally you get a confirmation: