Getting Started with Symbiosis
Welcome to the Symbiosis documentation! There you will find complete information about the Symbiosis protocol.
The Symbiosis protocol acts as a cross-chain AMM DEX and interchain communication protocol while meeting the following requirements:
- Simple, Uniswap-like user experienceAny to any token cross-chain swaps between EVM and non-EVM chains in 1-click.No additional wallets, long wait times, or extra steps.
- Interchain communication 1-click experience to provide liquidity to lending and farming protocols or buy NFT on another blockchain.
- Fully decentralizedNo central party can stop the Symbiosis protocol or censor users from accessing it.
- InteroperableThe protocol connects every blockchain that gets enough market attention. Our ultimate goal is to bridge all blockchains together.
- Non-custodialNo one (including the Symbiosis team) has access to user funds.
- Unlimited cross-chain liquidityThe protocol targets as many token pairs as possible across all blockchains while providing the best prices for swaps between any arbitrary token pair.
We offer reward programs for providing liquidity to the Symbiosis protocol. You can find information about the programs and instructions on how to join the programs here: Symbiosis Rewards Programs
Let's have a look at the parts of the Symbiosis protocol (Scheme 1).
Scheme 1. Main components of the Symbiosis protocol.
To a first approximation, there are two main parts:
- 1.The Symbiosis contracts (the on-chain part) are a set of identical smart contracts deployed on each blockchain supported by the Symbiosis protocol. It’s a kind of cross-chain liquidity engine of the protocol. For more information, see Cross-chain liquidity engine
- 2.The Relayers Network (the off-chain part) is a P2P network that transfers information about cross-chain operations performed via the Symbiosis protocol between the blockchains. For more information, see Relayers Network | Symbiosis
The Symbiosis protocol supports the following features:
- Interchain communicating messaging: adding any assets located on one blockchain to lending and farming protocols on another blockchain Explanation of interchain communicating
- Cross-chain zaps: adding any assets located on one blockchain to liquidity pools owned by Symbiosis on another blockchain Explanation of cross-chain zapping
- Developer tools to integrate the protocol’s functionality into third-party applications and protocols Documentation for software developers
As for end-users, all cross-chain operations are done in one click (one transaction) at competitive exchange rates and transaction costs.
- Looking for SDKs and API? Check out our documentation for software developers Symbiosis Developer Tools